AS SG2 welding wire is copper coated gas metal arc welding wire that is designed for semi-automatic and full-automatic GMA applications. It gives high-strength weld metal at a working temperature varying the system between 50ºC and 450ºC.
AS SG2 is suitable for GMA welding of unalloyed structural steels with a tensile strength up to 540 N/mm², ship plates, and fine-grained C-Mn steels.
100% CO2 or 80% Ar + 20% CO2 are used for gas shielding.
Used to weld building steel(A, B, D, E, A36, D36, E36)and equivalent mild steel or 550Mpa grade mild alloy steel, such as container building, construction machine, railway construction, pressure vessel for semi-auto or automatic gas shielded welding.
Yield Strength : 440 (N/mm²)
Tensile Strength : 540 (N/mm²)
Elongation (L=5d) : 30 (%)
Impact ISO-V : 60 (Joule) (–30°C)
1kg, 5kg, 15kg, 17kg, 18kg, 20kg
Wire Chemical Composition(%):
Deposited Metal Mechanical Properties
Yield Strength σ0.2(Mpa)
Tensile Strength σb(Mpa)
AKV Impact Energy (J)(-40℃)
Diameter of Wire(mm) Φ0.8 Φ1.0 Φ1.2 Φ1.6
Welding Current(A) 40~140 50~220 80~350 120~450
Voltage(V) 16-21 17-27 18-30 23-43
Matters needing attention:
1. Wire into the plant must be stored in dry conditions, can not open welding wire coil waterproof packaging.
2. Welding shall be removed before welding surface oil, rust, water, and other impurities.
3. The CO2 gas protection, CO2 gas purity 99.98%.
4. CO2 welding protective gas flow rate should be controlled at 20~25L/min.
5. Wire extension length should be controlled in the range of 15~25mm.